Safeguarding is a practical outworking of our biblically based values and our gospel witness
We take the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults seriously and work hard to ensure that we operate in line with current best practice.
Our safeguarding policy sets out how we:
- Seek to provide a healthy, nurturing, and protective environment for everyone who engages with our church community.
- Strive to protect every member of our church community from harm and abuse, and if harm or abuse is identified, handle it effectively, promptly, and proportionately.
- Equip our trustees, staff and volunteers to be clear about their responsibilities and duties and to competently and confidently fulfil them.
- Support the development of an open and transparent culture that listens to the views and wishes of every person within our church community and supports the raising of concerns and complaints.
- Provide leadership and accountability for everyone in our church community in relation to safeguarding.
Our full policy can be found here. Our handbook for those working with children and young people can be found here. Our code of conduct for those working with children and young people can be found here.
Our safeguarding team is Matt (trustee safeguarding lead and elder) Angela (safeguarding officer), Becky (safeguarding officer), Heidi (deputy safeguarding officer) and George (senior minister). The team have responsibility for safeguarding across the church and are accountable to the trustees.
If you have any questions about safeguarding at Beeston Free or wish to raise a concern you can contact our safeguarding team via this form or by phoning the church office (0115 9677032)
You can also complete our safeguarding concern / incident form here and return to the church office.